Image

Chill Protection, Hardware Cloth Progress

28 Apr

G and I covered the flowers in row cover and tucked them away from the wind, inside the beds… We cut and installed landscape fabric w (1/2 inch opening) into bed #9, adding 3 bags of soil.

The tighter weave on the 1/4 inch hardware cloth is much harder to maneuver, but we managed to fit it inside the standing bed and are weighing it down to see how much it needs to be trimmed. See pics below.

Now that we have a working tool (thanks Tom!!!) we can move forward…. We need to buy a little more of the 1/2 inch galvanized steel hardware cloth for the other 3-4 beds.

Working to do list is here, but with so much rain in the forecast it might be a day or two before we can do much work in the garden. -DM

Advertisement

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: